“NON-SHRINK, QUICK-SETTING STRUCTURAL REPAIR MORTA FOR CONCRETE AND MASONRY”
MAXREST ® is a one-component structural repair mortar, composed of special cement, additives and selected aggregates, which provides a thixotropic product with quick-setting and shrinkage-compensated. Meets Class R4 according to European Standard EN-1504-3.
- Restoration of structural concrete elements, recovering original shape and function. EN 1504-3 standard, Principle 3 (CR) – Method 3.1 Applying mortar by hand in:
* Repair of general structural concrete on vertical or overhead surfaces, without form works. Repair of honeycombs, cracks, and fissures.
* Repair of pillars, lintels, rain caps, and architectural concrete exposed permanently to weather condition.
* Repair of lines and shapes in prefabricated concrete elements and structures damaged by mechanical impacts, corrosion of reinforcements, freeze/thaw cycles, etc.
- Structural strengthening of concrete elements. EN 1504-3 standard, Principle 4 (SS) – Method 4.4 Adding mortar.
- Restoration of passivity for rebars on concrete elements. EN 1504-3 standard, Principle 7 (RP) – Method 7.1 Increasing cover to reinforcement with mortar, and Method 7.2 Replacing contaminated concrete in:
* Repair of concrete structures subject to the carbonation process.
* Increasing cover for concrete structures.
- Patching of cold joints and making of concave corners prior to waterproofing jobs in reservoirs, swimming-pools, basements, etc.
- Quick-setting time: from 15 to 20 minutes. The repair can be accomplished in a single phase and in an agile process.
- High adhesion to concrete and reinforcements. No special bonding agent/primer is required. Loads are transmitted onto the repaired structure. It forms part of the substrate and repairs are structurally sound, and stable.
- Mechanical properties are comparable to or higher than concrete.
- Good thixotropy. Application in successive layers without slump or the need to use formwork. Allows high thickness per layer from 10 to 30 mm.
- It does not shrink, avoiding the risk of cracks when sets.
- Odour-free, making it the ideal material to use in badly ventilated places, such as water tanks, shafts, sewers, etc.
- Does not contain any chloride.
- Easy to mix and use: one-component mortar, just adds water, and apply by trowel.
- Environmentally friendly: non-toxic, cement base and solvent-free product.